Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Introduction

Hello Veggies and Vegans.
I'm wondering if you, like I, have been frustrated looking for good solid reviews of vegetarian/ vegan restaurants out there. Or perhaps not even restaurants tailored to our needs but more importantly, in my opinion, where are those restaurants that have hidden veggie friendly gems on their menus? And by "gems" I don't mean some bland overcooked vegetables with potatoes, I mean some serious "Oh my Buddha, how can this possibly not have a pound of butter in it?"
Well welcome to my blog. I'm a hardcore foodie turned aspiring chef with my introduction to the world of fine food and wine about 7 years ago. Working in some fine establishments, I learned to appreciate the value of the perfect dish paired with the perfect wine. But once my own personal diet had moved so far away from the cream, butter, cream, and yep, some more butter equation; how to experience that same kind of satisfaction with a vegetarian and now vegan lifestyle? In my own kitchen I am now working out those answers with very tasty results; however, outside my kitchen... well.... let's just say I wasn't finding much help in the restaurant reviewing scene for us Veggies. So here goes....
Oh, and from time to time I will post recipes here as well.

No comments: